Many types of diets endorse eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. They are rich in nutrients and vitamins, as well as in antioxidants that help in avoiding diseases. They are also high in dietary fiber and nourish the body without adding excess calories.
Though all fruits and veggies offer some merit, there are some that are especially good for weight loss. These include:
- Avocados – They are rich in fats, but the good kind. Avocados contain oleic acid that helps trigger your body to feel full. Eating a quarter or a half avocado regularly will help you trim away your belly fat.
- Blueberries – Blueberries have anti-aging effects. They are tiny but powerful fruits in terms of nutrients and vitamins. They are also low in calories. A half-cup of blueberries has just 80 calories.
- Broccoli – Whether cooked or raw, broccoli has cancer-preventing properties. It is rich in fiber and has only 30 calories per serving.
- Pears – You can get 15 percent of your daily recommended fiber from one medium-sized pear. The fiber of the pear can be found in the skin so make sure not to peel it before eating. One study showed that women who ate three pears per day were able to lose more weight than those in the control group.
- Grapefruit – Eating half of this fruit before each meal can help you lose about a pound of weight weekly. There is a compound in the fruit that lowers insulin, leading to weight loss. Grapefruit is rich in protein. It will fill you up fast because it is made of 90 percent water.
- Black beans – These are a legume, not a veggie, but they are rich in lean protein. A cup of black beans provide 15 grams of protein without the saturated fat normally found in red meat.
When you add more vegetables and fruit to your diet, you will have an easier time losing weight and will feel the difference in your overall health.