People who carry extra pounds have a higher risk for different health problems. They could range from minor to life-threatening. Excess body weight can put you at higher risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, and more.
Here’s a closer look at some of the health problems that may be caused by being overweight:
- Depression – There are two concepts related to weight and depression. Some people believe that being overweight leads to depression. Others believe that depression leads to obesity. Either way, studies have shown that people who are overweight are more likely to be depressed than people of normal weight.
- Heart disease and stroke – The most common problems among overweight people involve high blood pressure and elevated levels of cholesterol that may lead to heart problems and stroke.
- Diabetes – Obesity is linked to diabetes, a phenomenon health experts refer to as “diabesity.” High blood sugar is the hallmark of the disease. If not properly addressed, it could lead to more serious ailments such as blindness, leg or foot amputation, and kidney failure.
- Cancer – Health experts believe that excess weight can contribute to a higher risk for cancer. Higher BMIs (body mass index) are associated with an elevated risk of cancer of the esophagus, liver, pancreas, kidney, gall bladder, colon, and prostate.
- Lifespan – Being overweight can shorten a person’s lifespan. Obesity makes it hard to exercise, and lack of exercise makes one sedentary. A lack of activity can lead to physical decline. Add to that the risk factors for a number of diseases associated with obesity, and you have the perfect storm for a decreased life expectancy.
The solution, of course, is to shed those unwanted pounds, but that can be easier said than done. If you’re struggling to lose weight, supplement your weight loss efforts with fat-burning supplements such as Garcinia Clean XT.